The United Pentecostal Church Zambia (UPCZ) is a Oneness Pentecostal organization with churches, ministers, and members across the Zambia. With roots anchored firmly in the Bible and a vision for ministering to communities around the world, the UPCZ embraces its mission: “the whole gospel to the whole world by the whole church."
The UPCZ has been among the fastest-growing church organizations in Zambia since the first contact was made by Rev. E. L. Freeman through a Bishop of the Church of God in Christ Rev. John Masanka in 1979. The UPCZ maintains an active affiliation and work in harmony with the United Pentecostal Church International (herein known as UPCI), headquarters at 8855 Dunn Road, Hazelwood, Missouri, USA through Global Missions of the same, the Regional Director for Africa, the Area Coordinator and any UPCI missionary under appointment to Zambia.
The governmental structure of the UPCZ is basically congregational in that local churches are self-governing: the congregation has pastor and elects other leaders, owns its property, decides its budget, establishes its membership, and conducts all necessary business.
The general organization embraces a modified presbyterian system in that ministers meet in Regional, and general conferences to elect officials and to conduct business of the organization. The highest governing body of the UPCZ is the General Conference, and between conferences it is governed by the Executive Committee and the General Board. Its chief officers are a general superintendent,assistant general superintendents, a general secretary,a general treasurer, Home Missions Director and the duly chosen representative of UPCI by Global Missions these forms the executive Committee. The General Board comprises all members of the Executive Committee, Regional Presbyters and all other fully appointed missionaries to Zambia.
The UPCZ headquarters building is located in Chinika area Kanyama, Behind Chinika Secondary School,off Mumbwa Road, Lusaka, Zambia. It houses offices for its general officials and The Bible College. Check for Direction Here
The UPCI emerged out of the Pentecostal movement that began with a Bible school in Topeka, Kansas, in 1901 and with the Azusa Street Revival in Los Angeles, California, in 1906. It traces its organizational roots to 1916, when a large group of Pentecostal ministers began to unite around the teaching of the oneness of God and water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.
The UPCI has been among the fastest-growing church organizations since it was formed in 1945 by the merger of the Pentecostal Church Incorporated More